Position Title: Worship Pastor
Place: Emmanuel Baptist Church
Church Location: Mount Vernon, WA (60 miles north of Seattle)
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for all ministry programs and activities designed to disciple the junior high, high school and college-aged youth of Emmanuel Baptist Church. This is a permanent, full-time position, 40 hours per week. Employee benefits are as stated in the Employee Handbook for full-time employees. Compensation will be as determined by the Board of Elders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan and lead an effective student ministry program involving fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
2. Diligently work to involve students in ministry and to integrate student ministries with other aspects of church life.
3. Recruit, train, shepherd, and utilize volunteer staff.
4. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students.
5. Maintain effective communication with students and their parents, ensuring they are informed about available programs and activities.
6. Support EBC parents in effectively fulfilling their parental roles.
7. Support and contribute to the overall mission and ministries of EBC.
8. Enforce the applicable provisions of the Standing Operating Procedure (SOP) for Preventing Abuse of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
9. Provide competent administrative oversight for the student ministries program to include budget development and execution, property accountability, safety and security, and energy conservation.
10. Serve as an elder of Emmanuel Baptist Church.
11. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Possess strong Christian character, at least meeting the elder qualifications of 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
2. Gifted and called of the Lord to pastor students.
3. Able to provide sound biblical teaching.
4. Able to provide sound spiritual counseling.
5. Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
6. Able to effectively disciple students in the Christian faith.
7. Able to plan and direct a multi-faceted ministry competently.
8. Able anticipate requirements and plan accordingly.
9. Able to recruit, train, and supervise volunteer help.
10. Able to interact with people in an approachable and personable manner.
11. Able to motivate and lead others effectively to achieve a common goal with excellence.
12. Strong servant’s attitude.
The Pastor of Student Ministries works under the supervision of the Teaching Pastor and the Board of Elders but is expected to perform his duties with a level of initiative, motivation, and competence that will require very little direct supervision. The supervision provided will be primarily broad guidance on program direction and goals.
We believe that EBC is in a favorable position to make a dramatic impact for Christ upon this community in the coming months and years. We currently support over two dozen missionaries around the world, and we regularly partner with local ministries that honor the Lord. If you believe that the Lord may be leading you to explore this opportunity to serve Him, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about EBC or the youth pastor position call us at 360-420-2312. Salary considerations will be in line with educational and ministry experience.